Friday, April 25, 2008

Instant Replay

Although recording the conversations has proven to be a successful method of documentation, I have run into one problem. Over an hour of conversation that I had with both of my informants together appeared to be recorded, but when I attempted to play it back it would not work. I could not find a way of getting past the error message no matter how many times I tried. This may not have been as big of a problem if I had checked the recording right after the conversation. If I had checked it sooner and realized it was not functioning then I could have grabbed a notepad and written down some of the information while it was fresh in my mind. Of course that is not the way it happened and I checked it a few weeks later. This made it tough for me to remember all that was said. NOTE TO SELF: Check recording right after it is complete!

No comments: